Groove is in the Heart

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Lately

When is something worth writing about? At what point in a person's interal dialogue do they approach a point at which they say to themselves, "hey, all this stuff you think is just boring crap might actually interest some other people, you should WRITE about it in a place where just anybody could stumble across it." Hence, little pieces of my life wind up as strings of 1's and 0's on other people's screens.

School is almost finished for the semester and I am, to say the least, non-plussed. I'm doing fine but the prospect of having to go back to COM for ANOTHER semester because I didn't take fucking P.E. (what am I, 14?), which is a graduation requirement, is not inviting. We leave for Germany in a month. One of my best friends gets married three days later and I'll be missing that. And the more I think about that the suckier it gets.

We went to Santa Monica two weeks ago to catch the Gregory Colbert exhibit. I covered this just about a year ago in a posting about a quick trip to NYC. Well, the show finally came to the west coast. From here it goes on to Beijing. It was awesome, and so different in construction from the way they had it built in NY. Katja was deeply moved, which I knew she would be, and my Mom jetted up to see the show too which was great. The exhibit closes tomorrow I think, but you can get a taste online at the Ashes and Snow website.

What else is going on? I lost my shit for awhile there but I feel like it's coming back. Nothing like being without one's shit, I can tell you that. I gained 10 pounds in 7.5 weeks. I know how the "Supersize Me" dude felt. So now I hike from my house to the top of Mt. Tam every other morning. I've got my roundtrip time down to 1hr 42min. I make Hannah go with me. The first 3 times she was crazy for it, now though, I think she just thinks I'm crazy. We haul ass all the way up the mountain, then up The Stairwell (a section of the mountain that is very steep and long, like a staircase, only not), and five minutes after we summit I turn around and head back. If a dog could ever look bewildered, it's this one. When we get home I hose her down and give her breakfast and she spends the rest of the day snoozing in the sun on the patio. To paraphrase my father:

"In my next life, I'm coming back as my dog."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home