Groove is in the Heart

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Two Fabulous Nights, and a GIITH Anniversary!

I'm at home again today - dying, I think. After two weeks of non-stop school/work/social I think I burned myself out. My current condition was not without reward, however. One week ago saw the second coming of Kaskade to Pink. It might not be a coincidence, but the last time I danced to this guy's music was LAST halloween when (also as a nerd) I hit DNA with Adrienne and Katja. This event also marks the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of this silly little blog. I just realized that actually. That's fun.

Thursdays are by far the best night to go out in SF, and this particular Thursday was exceptional. Hendrik and I arrived at the club around 11:15 and were ushered right in. Right away the music was good, JBoogie was warming up the equipment nicely. My very old, very good friend Eric Waisman called me up and said he and his lady friend were in a taxi and on their way. Perfect timing. Around 12:30 Kaskade came on and destroyed the dancefloor, and probably the two neighboring buildings as well. I don't think they've invented an adjective to describe how good this music was. I was sure I hadn't heard anything so wonderful before.

That is, until Saturday night. The unofficial Halloween party night. I met Hendrik at Frantoio for a glass of wine, in costume. Caitlin was just getting off and I think it's safe to say that seeing us was the extra push she needed to motivate, go home, and get in costume. Hendrik and I split and raced into SF to Mighty where Miguel Migs et al were spinning. The line was ridiculous and twenty dollars entry. So we hit Pink. Just walking in was a trip. So many people in costume. And my god, the music, oh my my. To paraphrase Hendrik, Thursday night was awesome, but the music Saturday was enchanting, ethereal and totally off the hook. We had said we would try and make it an early night because he was driving to So. Cal the next morning. No way. It was too good. The floor wasn't too crowded, and our fellow dancers were mostly of the same ilk, there to just cut loose and get down. We met a lot of very friendly people.

1 Comments:

  • you have a social life i can only dream of and am not sure i wish for.... =) i'm glad i'll be home so long over the holidays, and hope i'll finally get to see the fabled pink, among others.... can't wait!

    By Blogger andrea, at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home