Groove is in the Heart

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Buy This Record

This has been in constant play on the car stereo for like three weeks now. I just can't get over it. Taken as a whole the album is nothing truly spectacular, but it's like when I used to go buy a whole CD just for that one track that made me feel. Well this disc has at least 4 of those tracks for me. I first heard track 1, "Here I Am," with Hendrik on the dance floor at Pink last time Kaskade was in town. It will send you to the outer atmosphere and leave you wondering how you got there and not wanting to come back. I don't think he gets there again until track 7 with "Everything," a cut I know we'll be hearing remixes of from other DJ's in no time.

It's a sensuous journey, not unlike his earlier record "It's you, it's me," but with the elements of further evolution of his personal sound coming through loud and clear. While nothing can replace the experience of a 3 hour live set in a swank club with friendly, enthusiastic groovers around you, this record will at least take you to that feeling of the last time you 'had it good' and at best, transport you to that place where you're dancing by yourself, and the whole world is one big spinning ball of light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home