Groove is in the Heart

Monday, December 05, 2005

Coming soon to a decrepit wall near you

These are some photos of the project I just finished. It was a collaborative effort with my classmate Jane that involved us touring the shadier areas of SF looking for urban art and then photographing it. We spent a lot of time thinking of that unifying, central theme behind the project until Jane suggested that we just try doing a Burner ourselves. Then the question was whether or not to go out into the cityscape and do it or try it in the less highly illegal confines of my patio. So we designed our own tags and then sprayed a piece of plywood. Here are the results.


I lay down the primer


I make my first stroke and drip all over the place


Wearing our Intel Inside Spacesuits


Crafting


I am pleased with my initial lack of suckiness


I drip some more crafting my C, much cursing ensues


I try some black


Turns out black was a bad idea


Jane discovers the art of masking on the fly


We lay down drop shadow


Almost done...


Jane works with Yellow


Final product, we are now ready to vandalize your house

1 Comments:

  • oooooh miss dixie i'm scared of you!
    not gonna lie, jane's work has more street cred than yours. and your suits seem a little "establishment" for this kind of art. (i kid because i love....and you make fun of my accent)...
    i want to see the pics you took around the bay area!

    By Blogger andrea, at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home