Groove is in the Heart

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hurricane John

So I've been about as lazy as it gets with regards to updating this thing. It isn't like there isn't anything interesting going on in my life -- there is all kinds of stuff -- but I found I have this messed up desire to make every post 'significant' when really I should be using it as a vent, as a rant, as an expressive element in life.

Ya. Anyway, I'm flying down to Los Cabos tomorrow morning bright and early to secure the property from looters and vandals and pick up the pieces of the ranch left behind by Hurricane John. The fucker basically made landfall on the ranch. A Category 3 hurricane, with winds in excess of 150 mph, devasted the coastline where the ranch is. No roofs on most of the buildings, some outbuildings simply aren't there any more, but it sounds like the house itself weathered the storm fairly well. I'm mostly concerned about the horse and the sheep, I'm sure they aren't too happy.

We'll know tomorrow. Of course I won't have email (or a modern toilet for that matter) until I get back; but Katja is sending the digital camera down with me so I'll have some shots to post when I get back.

Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home